Friday, December 31, 2010

On (Not) Starting Over

I'm not a fan of New Year's resolutions, and I rarely keep them. Despite this, I usually make several every year, then torture myself when I fail to stick to it. Save more money. Be nicer. Be more patient. Get a better job. Lose weight. Enter a triathlon. And on and on and on. All my good intentions turn around to bite me in the ass when I realize that I either forgot about my resolutions or simply decided I didn't have time for them. Then I go through the whole mindfuckery again the next year.
This year I've decided to opt out of the whole thing. For example, I've made a deliberate decision not to obsess over losing my baby paunch. I'll work out like I normally do and the weight comes off when it does. As long as I'm not forced to buy two seats on the airplane then I'll call it good.
I've become nicer and more patient without trying. I think maybe becoming a Mom did that. All the line cutters/ smelly hippies/ bad drivers in the world were once someone's sweet baby. That's the truth. So obviously no one can completely suck. That's enough for me to throw less stink-eye around.
In 2011 I will like myself the way I am.- cranky, slightly larger than I want to be, sentimental, and broke. Whatever. So there universe.

1 comment:

  1. "Obviously no one can completely suck."

    Words to live by :):)

    Happiest New Year to the Clauers! Snuggle Ceci for me and tell her I said "Happy New Year girl!"

    xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...