Saturday, July 2, 2011

Happy Days

It's been a great week. I turned one year older, bringing my grand total to thirty-five years. Holy smokes that is odd. I never imagined myself so old. But I feel good. I'm happy. It's taken me a long time to get here.

I had to work at 3 pm on my birthday, but Chef Husband made me a lunch of white King Salmon with oyster mushrooms, peas, and asparagus.
My birthday cake was a cherry and mascarpone tart with shaved chocolate. 
And then I worked, and suddenly, it's July.
Anyway, lately I've been dwelling on an odd fact someone told me- that all the cells of your body are replicated every year. So literally, we are a different person each year.
But when you're pregnant, cells are replicating themselves like crazy. Also, if you're like me you can't stop scrubbing the bathroom, sobbing, or obsessively nagging your baby daddy. Your body and your mind don't feel like your own. At least, mine didn't.
This week, I feel like myself for the first time in forever. I'm not sure what happened. I know I shed some baby weight. I got my hair did. And my friends read this blog and got me some bling. Oh my goodness.
I feel excited and rejuvenated and loved and refreshed. It came out of nowhere. It's a combination of kindness and time. My body finally reset itself, after 8 months. My friends and husband have been steadfast. I am new. I am grateful. If you're reading this, I love you.



4 comments:

  1. It is visible in your step my dear! I love you back!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy (belated) Birthday!You are beautiful and I would not have guessed you to be a day over 25. You are so youthful and radiant.I hope this new birth year continues to bring you much peace, love and friendship.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...