Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Honolulu Chinatown

Hello friends. I came back from Hawaii and I'm not too happy about it. I'm in a bit of a post-vacation funk. I think a trip to Hawaii needs to be at least two weeks long, with no more than two days on Oahu. More on that in another post.
I'm going to spread my vacation into a few posts this week because I'm tired and I feel like phoning it in. 
So here we go!


Honolulu Chinatown is a cooks paradise if you are willing to take risks. There are a multitude of vegetables that I've never seen before. I asked the vendors about a few of them, and the standard response was "It doesn't have English name. You put in soup".





Here's where shit got real. These folks are not messing around. We weren't brave enough to purchase, kill, and cook the bullfrog. If someone were to prepare the bullfrog for me I would like to try it. That's the type of omnivore I am. I don't want to see my food breathing but I have no qualms about eating it as long as I'm not doing the dirty work.


Sea snails.






Some people need reminding.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...