Wednesday, January 19, 2011

The Post Where I Whine About Being Broke

Well hello again. I guess I've taken a small break from blogging in the last week. I've thought a few times about posting but I am terribly distracted with banal things like my personal finances.
Money money money. I'd like more of it.
This money thing has me so distracted I've cut back on doing things that I like, like writing and taking pictures for this blog.
I'm back at work making money after 10 weeks of baby bliss. But the bills have been weighing me down a bit. I'm not sure why I didn't get paid for pushing a chubby baby out of a small orifice. I should have. It was an amazing feat and she adds beauty and charm to the world. But apparently the hospital expects ME to pay THEM for that incredibly painful experience. Go figure.
So now I'm forced to reflect on one of the facts of life that I like the least, that my husband and I work too hard for not very much money. And that blows.
So I've been brainstorming ways to supplement my income a bit, and I have a few ideas. Here we go-
1. Highly paid professional blogger (I should join the club, right?)
2. Dominatrix. But I'm not willing to spank or touch anyone. I'm only willing to insult men. And I want to wear my own clothes because pleather looks uncomfortable, and I bet it causes yeast infections.
3. Restaurant reviewer.
4. Book reviewer.
5. Professional lady-about -town. And no, not a hooker you pervert. Just a paid companion who tells jokes and drinks all your wine. I can also cook if you provide the groceries.
6. Personal trainer. My methods here are alternative. Mostly I will just pop "30 Day Shred" into your DVD player and then loudly agree with whatever Jillian Michaels says while I drink your wine.
What do you think? Any takers?

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...