Monday, September 27, 2010

Le Weekend

Doesn't the weekend seem so much more sophisticated when you call it "le weekend"? Also, your friends will be deeply impressed by your international flavor. Either that or they will find you pretentious.
Le weekend was quite nice around these parts.
We had some old friends drive up from Seattle and spend Saturday with us, and it turned out to be one of the nicest days of the year.


We snacked on the beach.


We admired the glowing orb in the sky.


If the rest of autumn was this lovely I'd be a happy camper.


For dinner we made an oddly shaped chanterelle and leek pizza. 

It was glorious overall. On Sunday Matthew and I drove to Ikea to get a few things for the nursery. Ikea on le weekend was not glorious, just full of screaming toddlers and shopping cart traffic jams. However, I did make some progress on the nursery and I'll post some pictures soon when I can display an obvious improvement over this situation
I've become obsessed with this wall pocket made by Graziela. How adorable and handy is that? I did see something like this at Ikea, but when I showed it to Matthew he gave me the "that's tacky" face. So of course I went home, surfed the net and found the expensive version from Germany. This company does not have any US distributors so I would have to pay 40,00 euros ($53.90), plus shipping from Europe. It's tough to have expensive taste and be so darn international. 


2 comments:

  1. You never cease to make me giggle! That pizza looks like heaven and I want some!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your weekend sounds positively perfect. Love the photos and can't wait to see your nursery come together. I've never been to Ikea but I take it's not a weekend adventure. Good to know.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...