Saturday, September 11, 2010

Weekend Bling


I absolutely love the jewelry this gal makes. I know she lives somewhere in Washington state because I see her jewelry on lots of cute ladies in my town. I have a pair of her earrings cast from maple seed pods and I get lots on compliments on them. A girl in my birthing class wore these earrings cast from turkey bones, and they looked fantastic on her. 
I can't stop thinking about our first childbirth class on Wednesday night. It was held in the basement of the childbirth center, and a woman upstairs was in labor during our class. What started out as lots of footsteps over our heads and the sounds of bathwater running through pipes evolved into full blown labor moans over the three hours we were there. All the windows were open upstairs and down so we got the full effect. Needless to say, it was a challenge to pay attention to the class with all that going on. I'm still trying to process my feelings about it. I feel lucky to have heard her "birth song" as our teacher called it, but I'm getting more and more nervous about my own birth. I'm getting increasingly uncomfortable in my expanding body and I'm hoping that translates into added motivation to push baby X out. I'm thinking my own birth song will be less melodious and more shrieking expletives and such. 

1 comment:

  1. Birthing is an amazing experience. For all the discomfort you may be worried about, it is no comparison to seeing your child for the first time. I have had 2 natural labours and still marvel at how beautiful the whole experience is. Always remember that our bodies were made to do this. It is a totally natural process. And yes, the motivation to get the f'ing the out of you once and for all helps immensley. If you can have a water birth, I totally recommend it. So much more comfortable!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...