Monday, March 21, 2011

Breaking News

As promised, I have some big news this week. I have an awesome new job!
Some of you may be aware of my financial situation. I am an RN, traditionally a well- paying job, but not so much for me. Here's the thing- I graduated from nursing school in 2009 and had a wedding- honeymoon-pregnant-childbirth cluster fuck all within 18 months. So that's my excuse for staying at a job that underpaid me and was super boring.
So, I finally got off my duff and my Shiny New Job allows me to work evenings so Matthew can go back to work full time. Also, it pays much more than my current job.
The downside is it will be much more stressful and challenging. That worries me a bit. When I became a mother my brain tissue transformed into cellulite. The other day I found a pair of my jogging socks in the fruit crisper. Not sure what happened there. If my brain had a window you would see my two remaining brain cells trying desperately to communicate via rusty tin cans and string. Also lots of cobwebs. And an old shoe. And maybe one of those creepy wind up monkeys. And a spider monkey eating a Reuben sandwich. Boy, I could go on all day.
Anyway, the point is I'm very nervous about Shiny New Job, but since my financial outlook is about to improve considerably I am going to have to grow a new brain right quick.
In other news, Spring has sprung in Bellingham


as evidenced by the tree in my front yard, and all the loud lovemaking coming from my neighbor's apartment window.
Also, Ceci is 5 months old!


Happy birthday Ceci! You complete me.

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations Emily, glad to hear you are back on the money train. What a huge relief you must feel. Good luck trying to screw your brain back in.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on the new job! You are so funnny! brain cells communicating via rusty tin cans and string. That explains the rattling noise in my head. And those cheeks on Ceci in the last picture- so kissable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on the new job. That sounds fabulous. Keep the faith - you'll make it all work. And that Ceci is looking so cute and chubby I just want to eat her up!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...