Monday, August 9, 2010

Dreams Really Do Come True

I would not want to imply that happiness is found in the aquisition of long- coveted objects. But sometimes getting what you want just makes for a great day.
Today I came home and found a shoebox on the dining room table with my husband's name on it. It also had a few postcards and a Pez dispenser tied to the top with ribbon. Because I am nosy, I opened this box.
Guess what was inside?


It's true. It's the bird planter that I have been admiring for the last few weeks in the window of an apartment downtown. Some of you may be familiar with my bird planter obsession. The bird planter belonged to this man-



He's the local guy who wears a Mr. Peanut suit when the mood strikes. 
He came into the restaurant where my husband works today, and Matthew told him that I was in love with his bird planter. This very kind man went home, wrapped up the bird planter, and gifted it to my husband. 
What an awesome guy. I can't even remember the last time a total stranger did something so nice for me. All my happy buttons have been pushed. It makes me want to go out and love on a perfect stranger myself. Kindness begets kindness.


Also in the theme of fulfilling obsessions is the stegosaurus gifted to me by Laurilee at our baby shower. 





I've been lusting after this dinosaur for weeks. It's supposed to be a gift for baby X, but I'm so infatuated with it I'm not sure I can let her have it. Maybe if she's a really GOOD baby. Maybe.
Happy Monday. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...